If sending to GPA to do the phragms, they will recharge for free. (IIRC, as of 10/2008).
Thus, it shouldn't be an economic decision.
Is the worry that the recharge would degrade performance in some respect?
I bought a pair of these compression drivers from FleaBay recently; they have blown frams, so I am going to recharge the motors, since I do not know their history.
Is this fairly typical or do most elect not to recharge and take a chance?
I've heard that alnicos dont loose power unless they were (1) overpowered which is rare for a HF compression driver, or (2) the motors (cores) have been dropped.
Thx.
If sending to GPA to do the phragms, they will recharge for free. (IIRC, as of 10/2008).
Thus, it shouldn't be an economic decision.
Is the worry that the recharge would degrade performance in some respect?
Not sure this would be an issue with a GPA recharge, or with a compression driver, but i've heard of and actually encountered one woofer that had reversed magnet polarity after the reconer recharged it. Important to note that this was NOT a GPA rebuild.
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
Simple as that with a woofer, but i'm not sure if there would be other factors to consider with a horn driver or not. Hopefully someone far more knowledgeable than i will chime in.That just requires you to swap the connection polarity, right?
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
Bookmarks